You can make a difference.
Operating Camp Hertko Hollow is a costly endeavor. Without the generous support of individuals, corporations and foundations Camp Hertko Hollow would not be able to fulfill its mission to educate young children about diabetes in a caring, supportive and fun environment.
The large majority of our campers receive some level of financial assistance in order to attend camp. Our goal is to be able to offer every diabetic child in Iowa the opportunity to attend Camp Hertko Hollow, regardless of their financial situation.
Each donation is greatly appreciated and positively impacts the hundreds of children and families we serve.
There are several ways YOU can show your support:
- At Camp Hertko Hollow, our annual donors make all the difference! Each and every gift is appreciated, no matter what the size. If you haven’t yet made an annual fund gift, now is the moment. Give now and be part of Camp Hertko Hollow’s mission to support kids with diabetes.
Memorial Donations and Tributes
- Memorial and Tribute Gifts are a powerful way to honor or remember a loved one by continuing to move Camp Hertko Hollow’s mission forward.
- For In Honor of Gifts - please include the honoree’s name and address, so that we may notify that person of your thoughtfulness (will include your name and address, but we will NOT disclose the gift amount)
- For Memorials - please include the name(s) and address(es) of the family member(s) to whom you would like an acknowledgment sent, as well as their relationship to the deceased. Again, we will include the donor's name and address, but we will NOT disclose the gift amount, just an acknowledgement to the family or person that a donation was made in their name.
- An acknowledgment letter will be sent to the donor (including IRS language) and donation amount - the donor's letter serves as their receipt. A letter will also be sent to the honoree or honoree’s family.
Create a Personal Fundraising Page
- Click here to create your own personal fundraising page! Whether you want to pick a fundraising goal of $1300 to send yourself to camp, or $500 to help someone else. All you need to do is create a short explanation about why you want to raise money for Camp Hertko Hollow and send a link to your page to friends and family asking for their support.
Matching Gifts and Workplace Campaigns
- Did you know that often you can double the impact of your contribution to Camper Hertko Hollow if your employer has a matching gifts program? Contact your employer to see if your gift to Camp Hertko Hollow is eligible to be matched.
- Also, workplace campaigns such as Community Health Charities of Iowa, and the State of Iowa One Gift Program provide opportunities for employees to contribute to Camp Hertko Hollow through payroll deduction. Please ask your employer if you can designate your support to Camp Hertko Hollow.
Gifts of Stock and Planned Gifts
- Planned Gifts and/or gifts of stock allow donors to leave a legacy that fits your philanthropic goals and also benefit Camp Hertko Hollow. Planned Gifts in the form of wills, trusts, pooled life income gifts, and life insurance gifts can be an effective means of providing tax and financial benefits for donors as well as providing ultimately for Camp Hertko Hollow. Each donor should consult with his/her attorney and financial tax advisors before making a Planned Gift. If you are considering a Gift of Stock or Planned Gift to Camp Hertko Hollow, please contact Jessica Thornton, Executive Director, at 515-471-8523, who will work with you and your advisors on a confidential basis in regard to your proposed gift.
- Camp Hertko Hollow is grateful for gifts of goods and services, including diabetic and other medical supplies. If you are interested in making an in-kind contribution to Camp Hertko Hollow please contact us at 515-471-8523.
Host Your Own Fundraiser!
- Frequently, friends of Camp Hertko Hollow host events on their own to raise money for camp. Camp Hertko Hollow has benefited from the funds raised at numerous events including golf tournaments, kickball tournaments, organized racing events, etc. If you are interested in hosting an event on behalf of Camp Hertko Hollow please review our Third Party Guidelines for Fundraising Events and contact our office to let us know how we can help.